Who You Are Matters
Hello my name is Blake Zingerman and I was born in Thousand Oaks, California, roughly an hour north of USC. I have lived there my entire life. I live with my dad, mom, sister, and my grandpa.
This is my final year at USC. I look forward to graduating this year and working my way into the entertainment industry. I plan on pursuing the production route of large scale films. Additionally, I will be pursuing the entrepreneurial route of business. I prefer to be my own boss and to pour all of my hard work into a project that I am fully dedicated to and behind.
I plan on attaining these goals by giving it my all and staying dedicated to my path regardless of how tough it gets. I have continued to work internships in the entertainment field that have provided me with a larger network as well as necessary skills for the industry. When it comes to entrepreneurship I understand that it will be a tough path. I cannot wait to just dive into it and go with the flow. I want to learn from my failures and continue to grow.
When it comes to my parents I feel I am a great split between them. My mother is very math and science oriented along with having a leader mindset. Both of those traits I took from my mom. My father is a very compassionate and calm man which are some more traits I acquired from my father.
I am different from my mother when it comes to tense situations. I remain relaxed and calm making those stressful situations more manageable for myself. When it comes to my father I am different from him because I am very social and like to go out. He prefers to stay home and hangout.
In the past I was working under the expectations of my parents. My mother is a big influence on my life and she has been the one to keep me on a successful path. Now I would say that I operate under my own expectations.
A man named Scott is my role model. He is a successful entrepreneur who still lives his life to the fullest and has a great personality. I strive to enjoy life the way he does. He sacrificed and dedicated his life to his work and it paid off. I see the passion behind his projects and inspires me to find something that inspires me.
An animal I feel connected with would be a dolphin. I think a lot! The way my head works is that I analyze everything I do. The reason I feel connected to a dolphin is because they are very intelligent creatures.
A childhood memory I have with a tree is one in my backyard. I used to have a big tree that I would spend climbing every single day. Sadly that tree had to be cut down when I was in high school.
Sun Sign: 05 Degrees Libra
Moon Sign: 26 Degrees Aquarius
Rising Sign: 19 Degrees Aquarius
I'm curious to know more about this "scott" role model - What type of entrepreneurship does he do? What were his past projects? Do you know him personally/if so, how did you meet?
ReplyDeleteHey Blake - Welcome to SC. You're going to do great and have many memorable experiences, as I have. Also, Thousand Oaks is one of my favorite cities - I enjoy the open space, and the many trails available.
ReplyDeleteHey Blake, insightful post. I also relate to wanting to be your own boss, as I would rather be in control of my life/my fate as well. Could you see yourself owning a production company one day? Or do you see yourself fitting in somewhere else in the entertainment industry?
ReplyDeleteHey Blake, I enjoyed reading your post. I think the fact that you identified that failure is a necessity when becoming an entrepreneur is a great thing to point out. My mom owns a small business and constantly preaches to me the importance of taking calculated risks and learning what not to do next time when you do fail. Sorry to hear about your tree though, why did it get cut down?
ReplyDeleteHi Blake, awesome job! I also wrote that an animal I feel connected with is a dolphin! I definitely analyze everything, sometimes way too much, and I love the way that they just always seem so happy.
ReplyDeleteHey Blake. Great Post about you, and your expectations. I saw that you wrote that you're planing to work in the entertainment industry, how did you decide in that specific industry, and why do you think it will be something you will enjoy doing in the future?
ReplyDeleteI’m not planning on pursuing a career in entertainment, but I hear that USC is the place to be for it! Best of luck fulfilling your dreams and ambitions
ReplyDeleteI also want to be my own boss! That's awesome that you're dedicated to what you want this young, it'll help a lot down the road!!
ReplyDelete