Book 1

 

Book 1

When trying to choose a book to read there was one that stood out to me. How I killed Pluto was the book I knew I needed to read. With a background in space, I was really curious to see the story about why Pluto no longer was considered a planet. Growing up while this change happened still resonates with me because my mother was trying to explain how a planet could be revoked. Even after having her explain it to me I still was confused about how the story of Pluto coming up would even happen. Luckily, all of my questions were answered with this book. 

So far in the book, I have not read about Pluto but instead, the story behind the find has been formulated. The book is about an astronomer who was studying the moons of Jupiter but later becomes interested in a belt out by Pluto. This asteroid belt had been known to have very large objects out there. This astronomer decided to use an old telescope where he looked at this belt for a couple of months. He then used plates where he was looking for specs of light disappearing and reappearing in other places. At this point in the book, he had just found a spec that moved and was calling it “Planet X.” This planet is seen to be larger than Pluto. Now the book is getting exciting and I am looking forward to reading more to see how this interferes with Pluto.


Comments

  1. Hi Nate, although I did not pick How I killed Pluto, your summary is quite intriguing! I am now considering adding this to my reading list

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment