Book 2 Post 1
The Wayfinders: Why Ancient Wisdom Matters in the Modern World
For our second book in this class the book I decided to read is The Wayfinders: Why Ancient Wisdom Matters in the Modern World. The reason behind this decision was how I have always thought it was important for people to refer and understand the past. There is so much left in the past that could help us in the future. An example I will always refer to is how much I wish we knew how the Great Pyramids of Giza were built. Learning about the different groups that were going to mentioned in this book, I thought it would be a wonderful book to read. Another aspect of the book that I liked is that it deals with many different groups so we will get a great variety and exposure to different cultures.
So far in this book I read about how Davis is concerned with the disappearance of many cultures. One element he spends a lot of time on is language and how so many languages are going to be lost in the next few decades. The next thing talked about in the book was the Polynesians and how they were amazing seafarers. This was really fun to read about because travel by sea was so important, even more back then and they were better than Europeans who get a lot of the credit. What was so cool about it is that they were able to travel over vast seas and not just have to hug to the coast of land. Therefore, they were amazing navigation. This is all I have read so far but I have really enjoyed this book and look forward to learning more.
Comments
Post a Comment